Even though the receivers always express joy when opening their presents, I am so anxious up until that moment – What if the colour is wrong or the pattern or they simply do not like whatever I have made.
There is no doubt about it – a homemade present is always made from the heart, and a lot of thought (and time) has been put into it from the creator’s side. With that in mind I am certain that many will love to receive a homemade present due to the simple fact that someone care about them.
In case you need inspiration, I have listed a few suggestions for what I find an ideal present.
Presents for the hostess:
- Dish Cloths/Kitchen Towels (If you do not know the colours in the kitchen, choose a neutral one, ie. grey or off white)
- Home Spa (Crochet an exfoliating glove and include a moisturizing body wash)
- Hurricane Candle Holder (Use an empty glass jar and crochet a cover in laze stitches, place a candle inside)
- Crocheted Cotton Pads
- Toys, ie. amigurumi (for babies and children or childish souls)
- Choker necklace/Necktie
- Blanket – both for babies and adults
- Scarf, mittens or even a pair of customized flip flops